The Govt. of Punjab issues notification every year for conducting PPMET exams. A Copy of Notification of 2011 is reproduce for the information General:
1. The Governor of Punjab is pleased tp authorize Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot to conduct the Punjab Para Medical entrance Test-2006, Hereinafter called PPMET-2011, in three compulsory subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Admission to B.Sc. Nursing, Bachelor of Physiotherapy and B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology, B.Sc. Medical (Anatomy, Physics, Biology) Courses in various institutions, in the State of Punjab, for the year. All the institutions whether Government of private, aided or unaided, minority/ non minority shall be covered by this notification.
2. In case the number of candidates are less than the number of seats available in a particular course then the PPMET-2006 for the said course shall not be held. The admission to such course shall be on the basis of inter-se-merit based on the percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.
3. The Governor of Punjab is further pleased to notify that all the seats in the Government/University College of Nursing and the seats of Government quota in private colleges shall be filled up from PPMET merit list. The admission to the minority institutions in the state of Punjab shall be done as per the notification/ instructions/ guidelines/ rules/ executive outer passed by the state Govt. as per provision of The Punjab Private Health Sciences Educational Institutions (Regulations of admission, Fixation of Fee and making of reservation) Act 2006 as amended from time to time.
4. The Governor of Punjab is further pleased to notify that no institutions shall select candidates out from any other source, or in any other manner other than inter se merit of the candidates on the basis of PPMET merit list. However, for the minority quota seats, the inter se merit of the candidates of the concerned minority only shall be considered. There shall be no overlapping of bye-passing of inter-se merit of candidates seeking admission to seats in management/minority quota except the NRI quota seats. Conduct of PPMET :
1. The PPMET shall be conducted by the Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot by setting up of adequate number of centers, at such places as the University may deem fit.
2. The question paper for the test shall be objective type with multiple answer choices.
3. The University shall call for the applications for the entrance test and after declaration of the result of PPMET; the candidates shall apply for admission to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot for admission to the state as well as Govt./management Quota seats for the Management/Minority including Foreign Indian student (NRI) quota seats . All seats in the Government/University college of Nursing and in the private colleges shall be filled through a centralized admission committee as per provisions of the Punjab Private Health Sciences Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission, Fixation of fee and making of reservation) Act 2006 and as amended from time to time.
4. The candidate while applying for PPMET shall submit four identical clears passport size color photographs, three of which must be signed by the candidate and attested on the front side. The unsigned photograph shall be scanned by the University and printed on the roll number slip of the candidates where the candidate is admitted.
5. One scanned photograph shall be provided to the centre superintendent and the other to the Chairman of the respective admission committee. Male candidates shall affix their, Left Thumb Impression (LTI) and female candidates shall affix their Right Thumb Impression (RTI) at the prescribed place on the Admission Form. The centre superintendent shall also obtain the LTI/RTI on a counterfoil of the Roll Number Slip/Admit Card and retain it for record. One thumb impression of the admitted candidate shall be taken by the Principal of the institution concerned.
6. The conditions and modalities for the conduct of PPMET, would be decided by Baba Farid university of Health Science, Faridkot and the University will publish in the prospectus a detailed schedule for admission indicating date of availability of prospectus, last date for submission of OMR form, date of issuance of roll number, date of entrance test, date of declaration of results, date of submission of form for admission, details regarding total seats, list of colleges for each course. The complete schedule will also be published on website of the University, last date for admission as per the schedule laid down by Government/Central Council/courts shall be adheres to be the University.
7. The Entrance Test will be conducted on the date and time to be fixed by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot.
8. The result of PPMET shall be published by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot in its website. The details of website will be published in the prospectus. Individual results will be mailed to the candidates. The result will be prepared rank wise, category wise and roll number wise in the gazette and on website.
9. There will be no negative marking. 10. There shall be no re-checking/re-valuation. However, the candidate may check the answer sheet by depositing the prescribed.
" The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving. " – Oliver Wendell Holmes
" There is only one time that is important—Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power." – Leo Tolstoy
"Your vision of where or what you want to be is the greatest asset you have. Without having a goal it’s difficult to score." – Paul Arden